Fiberglass Entrance Doors
From the Smooth Skin Fiberglass panel to the elegant Mahogany grain collection, by choosing from our many panel options available, decorative glass from one of our 4 standard glass companies, our wide selection of hardware, finish options, and custom capabilities, we will help you will create a truly unique door.
Sliding Patio Doors
Nothing opens a room to the wide expanse of the outdoors like our sliding patio doors. In combinations of 2, 3, or 4 sections, from 5 ft. to 16 ft. wide and up to 8 ft. tall. You’ll wonder how you lived without the spacious and airy addition glass sliding doors create.
Fiberglass windows and doors are not only energy efficient and strong, they will give a lifetime of performance while looking great in any application.
Smooth Skin Panel: Get the look of fine painted wood and the strength of steel with a front door from the Smooth Skin Entry Door Collection. It’s an excellent value in a fiberglass entry door, made of rugged compression-molded fiberglass with deep detailed panels. This design creates beautiful shadows and contours on your door’s surface. This perfectly stylish yet rugged fiberglass front door resists the dents and dings from day-to-day traffic, and will never rust or corrode.
Mahogany, & Oak-grain Douglas Fir Collection: Surfaces of the fiberglass skins come in either an oak-grain mahogany grain or Fir grain texture that imitates the real species as close as possible, edges are square with an insert of real wood in the species to match the skin, the solid ¼” thick wood is backed by 1 ¼” thick LVL on the hinge side and 3″ thick LVL on the strike side, a composite bottom and top rail is installed
- Subsill is made with composite material that is rot and insert proof
- Sill cap is made with Walnut colour PVC that is adjustable with integral screws are spaced at 12″ on center, PVC caps are installed over adjustment screws to provide finish appearance, Sill cap is replaceable in the case of damage
- Aluminum threshold is available in a number of widths from 4 9/16″ to 10″ by using different sill extensions, a one piece threshold is used for 4 5/8″ and 6 5/8″ jamb thicknesses, the threshold is available in standard mill finish with optional bronze, brass and satin nickel finishes available
- Out-swing sills are the same as the in-swing sills but the adjustable sill cap is replaced with a fixed bumper style cap to allow the door panel to “bump” against the sill providing the weather sill, this cap is available in a standard low profile (total sill thickness of 1 ¼”) or high profile (total sill thickness of 1 7/8″) to provide maximum protection against water
Brickmold & Panning
Extruded aluminum brick moulds with integral nailing fin is also available.
Simple, clean detail, allowing the drywall to return to the window.
Wood Jamb Extension
All wood interior options come unfinished, for the customer to stain or paint as they wish. Choose from Oak, Maple, or Douglas Fir.
White Celluar PVC Jamb Extension
A low maintenance, pre-finished white interior finish that resists moisture.
Silex offers grilles that are located between the glass (IG) and simulated divided lites (SDL).
Choose from our four standard colours for your exterior and interior frames.
Choose from our 15 Premium colours for your exterior and interior frames or select from Sherwin Williams.
Choose from any colour from the Sherwin Williams colour book or bring in your own colour for us to match. Click on the photo to view all the Sherwin Williams colours.
Silex offers a wide range of insulating glass options – to suit almost any requirement. We provide warm edge spacers, argon gas fill, and a family of LoĒ options.
- Dual Pane (typically 7/8” OD) or Triple Pane (typically 1 3/8” OD)
- Warm edge stainless steel spacer
- Argon gas fill in all cavities
- Choice of 1 or 2 LoĒ coatings
- Choice of LoĒ coating type
- 20 Year Limited Warranty
FiberFrame door handles are made of zinc die cast metal for strength and durability. Each handle is powder-coated for a long lasting and durable finish. The door locks meet industry forced entry requirements, and are also available as a keyed cylinder lock.
- Standard hinge is a steel HD 4 x 4 with ball bearings plated with mirror finish brass
- Optional hinges are available in steel with 11 different finishes, stainless steel, extruded solid brass with 3 different finishes included PVD brass, all come with ball bearings
- A continuous hinge is also available for high traffic commercial applications
- Adjustable strike plates are factory installed and are available in solid brass, stainless steel, black nickel
- An strike is installed for both the latch and deadbolt
Hinges and Strikes
Available in: white, brushed chrome, oil-rubbed bronze, brass and brushed nickel (not shown).